Thursday, February 2, 2012

Awkward and Awesome Thursday!


Its here, oh Thursday! Friday Eve… also awkward and awesome… This week has been well interesting. Here we go!
Awkward:
  • The stage of emotions between sad and “trying not to cry” sad. You try to fight back those tears and honestly you can’t comprehend what’s going on in that moment or what you are saying you are just focusing on trying to keep those tears inside. Never really works though.
  • When you try to make a transition in a conversation and it really makes no sense at all. Insert awkward chuckle…
  • Trying to explain how you feel but you can’t make it make sense. Therefore nothing was accomplished… then I just sit and think about how I could have said things differently.
  • The “f word” is not an intelligible way to communicate, there are hundreds and thousands of adjectives out in the world, USE THEM!
  • Snoring. For some reason I get super embarrassed when people (especially B) catch me doing it.
  • When I want to be mad and then B makes me laugh and I can’t help but let it go. Ugh it’s awkward because it’s unfair! HA!
  • Facebook drama. OK drama in general tends to lead to awkward situations, or unpleasant ones. I’m one to want to work it out, IF the other side is too. If they aren’t there is NO reason why we need to communicate until things settle down. Harsh I know, but usually you just end up saying things you regret.

Awesome:
  • Loyalty. There are just some people you know will always be on your side, no matter what you did, and will help you get through whatever you might have done or NOT done. Either way those are the people I want to ALWAYS be in my life.
  • My email conversation with Hyrum and Jenn yesterday. Between comparisons of the Village and saying Chidiot, Period Face, Sneeds, and Permadrunk those two had me laughing so hard.  Nothing like a BFF and brother to help you see the bigger picture.
  • How much a hug can bring a ton of comfort.
  • B, who supports me and makes me want to be better, he’s got the biggest heart and the changes and obstacles he’s overcome are pretty incredible. It seems like a lot gets thrown in his path but he still seems to still try to make me laugh all the time. He’s a great example!
  • The joy of 5:00 pm on weekdays (especially Friday), seriously that’s the most awesome thing!
  • An awesome Mariah quote last night that’s so awesomely funny:
Me: So Grandma’s surgery went ok then?
Ry: Yeah everything went great! Tomorrow and Friday though she’s going to be knocked up.
Me: OMG what??
Ry: I meant knocked out, she’s going to be knocked out for the next couple of days. Oh jesh!
Me: HAHAHAHAHA! Oh I love you!
  • My family. They are amazing, they all support us and that’s awesome!
  • Grandma’s surgery was a complete success!
  • The joy of the Atonement and the comfort that comes after repenting. To see someone at the lowest of lows and come back to reach the highest of highs is something that makes me so happy (great I’m in that awkward in between crying stage, I better stop) and builds my faith and hope.
  • My calling as Relief Society President. It has changed me 100% I’ve really enjoyed serving those girls for 2 years.

Finally here’s my picture for the 2nd Day of February. It asked for a picture of words, so I just took a picture of one of my favorite texts I received yesterday (don't mind my spelling errors, auto spell is special sometimes)…

2 comments:

Keesha n David Brown said...

Awesome! Language is a funny thing sometimes. Just one goof up of a word and it can REALLY change a meaning quite fast. Your conversation with Mariah made me literally laugh out loud.

Jenn said...

Our emails yesterday totally made my day. haha. and your convo with Mariah and B had my laughing pretty hard. it's the little things, right?! Love you!