Monday, February 6, 2012

Weekend Recap and Changes!

This weekend was great. It was busy but great! So here’s an awesome recap…
Friday:
We went to eat dinner at B’s cousin Chris and his wife Kylie. It was a lot of fun, and really good. B’s other cousin Garen and his wife and little girl were there and she is just the cutest little thing. We then went to the slam dunk contest. There wasn’t a ton of people there but still enough to make it fun! The funniest thing was we walked from Chris’s apartment to the Hart building. I know there isn’t a LOT of snow here, but there is still some ice. Well I seriously about fell 5 times. OK so I had my cowboy boots on, but still traumatic. Anyway, the contest was OK nothing too spectacular.  I however did take some video footage:
The most amazing thing to watch was the jump ropers as entertainment. It was so cool! I wish I could do cool tricks like that! After the contest we went back to the house for a movie. This is when we discovered something so great, Rexburg has a clean flicks! Say what?! I was so excited! There are a ton of movies I have been wanting to see but really don’t want to see the filth that’s usually in them! So we watched Taking of Pelham 123. Eh, glad I didn’t spend any money watching that one! We than sat around and talked forever. Friday nights are hard for me to stay up late because I’ve been working all day! But I survived.
Saturday:
Holy cow busy day. B and I had to clean the church, our service for the day. Then B had to finish up homework while I ate my breakfast burrito and played Mario Party. I love that game, and all B could do was laugh at me because I get WAY to into the Wii games (I’m convinced it’s rigged). We then went to Chris’s basketball game, and then to Idaho Falls. I had to get food for our Super Bowl Party. OK so I heard this interesting tidbit of information this morning, but this lady I work with her friends is the manager at the Shelley Broulims. She said that next to Thanksgiving, the Saturday before the Super Bowl is the busiest food day of the year. Isn’t that NUTS?! I believe it too, because we went to Winco for a couple pizzas and snacks and I could NOT believe the people that were there. Every isle open and 5 carts in each line waiting to check out, CRAZY! We then went to Rigby to watch B’s cousin play in a district basketball game against Madison. Intense. B almost got kicked out too, and he wasn’t even saying anything that bad. We suspected because he’s black. HAHA! We rented another clean flicks movie called Drive. Dumbest. Movie. Ever. We both fell asleep. Ha!

Sunday:
So I guess the biggest news of the weekend is that I got released from being Relief Society President. I have been emotional all week, I have known it has been time for a little bit and change is good but I will miss the great women in my ward. Bless B's heart he's been great at making sure I just need a good hug when I start to get emotional and sad. I’ve done that calling for 2 years and its weird thinking that I’m not in charge anymore, but it’s always good time for a change and good for the ward too! It was just so odd yesterday when there was a problem and I didn’t have to solve it, that will only take time I guess! My new calling is really awesome though. They asked B and me to be Activities Co-Directors. I’m excited because B and I get to work together, but also it’s a really fun calling and we both have a lot of great ideas. Anyway, it was just an emotional day for me between testimony meeting, fast Sunday, and talking with B I was emotionally done. Good thing it was football time. Just a small group of us got together and has pizza and cinnamon rolls and just watched the game. It was great to just relax, and I totally could have used another day! Oh well, next weekend I get a 5 day weekend, and that is just beautiful!

No comments: