Tuesday, February 21, 2012

B's Birthday Weekend!

It has been a crazy week to say the least. Since my last post life has been a blur. A good blur though, I’ll totally accept that! Wednesday after work B and I headed back down to Parma for our crazy weekend adventure. Since it was B’s birthday weekend we also arranged to get the kids. Best idea ever. Since we left Wednesday night B had a ton of homework to get done for the weekend began. So I just chilled at the house with my mom and sisters and did a whole lot of nothing. I loved every second of it. I made dinner Thursday night and then my brothers came over so we could see everyone. We played some games and just hung out.
Friday was the big day. I was so nervous but so excited to meet the kids. I had been skyping them so they knew who I was, but seeing them in person is a whole other ballgame. They are the sweetest most lovable kids ever. They were just so excited to see us and play. We headed over to the mall to finish up some birthday shopping and then we took the kids to Build-a-Bear. That place is fantastic. Parker picked out a tiger and named him Stripes. Tajia picked out a purple bear and we named her Hailey. They thought it was so cool how they got to fluff their bear and then comb it. We just had a great time. Since it was also state basketball B’s family was in town because Rigby was playing in the tournament. It was great that we got to see them too! My mom her famous chicken and noodles so we headed back and everyone in my family got to meet the kids. They loved Liam (they called him Leo), it was so funny. We headed back to Boise so we could watch some basketball, and the kids loved that!
Parker putting stuffing in Stripes
Tajia's turn
Parker and Stripes
Brycen and Parker
Brycen and Tajia. I am totally in love with this picture. It's so precious!
Fluffing up their bears
Saturday was a crazy day too. We let them go up to the school to watch the cheerleaders practice. They sure loved that. They were fascinated with how Maddie got lifted up in the air. We played around for a while and then went home and then went over and played at Austin and Kenzie’s house. They sure loved playing with Liam. We then had to get ready to go the state game to watch Rigby play. It was fun! Too bad they lost though, but Parker was happy just to get unlimited supplies of chocolate milk. That night we decided to celebrate B’s birthday. So he got to open his presents! Which included a Kinect, Kinect game, and clothes! Then he got to blow out the candles and we had some of my mom’s famous Chocolate Mallow cake (that you only get on your birthday). Thanks mom for making his cake!! We had a great time just celebrating B and his day of birth. I hope he enjoyed everything he got!
Cute "Leo" I mean Liam...
  The many faces of Parker Taylor. He totally is B's son... haha!
 
 Watching Kelsi play in the state game!
B blowing out his candle. I am pretty sure he said something to my mom to make her freak out like that!
Sunday we had to say goodbye to the kids. It was sad. I felt like I was just starting to get to know them. We had to really hurry in the morning because we had to get ready for church and also get the kids ready, needless to say it was a hectic morning. We had fun though, and it was sad saying goodbye. Hopefully next time they can stay longer so we can spend more time with them. They are great kids with awesome personalities.
 Parker getting ready to go!
 Both Parker and Tajia loved our dogs, here is Parker giving Roxy a good brush.
 Such cute kids, and they love the camera!
 Crazy faces!
 With Dad... silly kids!
 HAHA, I just love how crazy they all are, and I love them!
Here we all are!
Parker and I caught B sleeping, so of course we have to wake him up!
The rest of the day was a typical Sunday, except the B took a two hour nap. We wore him out, that’s for sure! We played games and laughed and I ate WAY too much. We played B’s new Dance Central 2 game, and it was so much fun.
We left on Monday and it’s always hard to leave. We went to lunch at the famous Apple Lucy’s and got Scotch and Sodas too. The drive home was pretty snowy but we survived. We had a great weekend. One that I will always remember, my next vacation isn’t until May. What the heck? I better get on that stat. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Savs this is the cutest thing! B's kids are soooo cute! you guys make a great looking little family:)