Wednesday, March 7, 2012

"Blues" Travelers

It seems like I haven’t posted in forever. I’m just been super busy at work, and you know dealing with real life. Not that my life is boring by any means, but it seems like lately I’ve been in a no-fun rut. Now don’t get me wrong, I always try to make an situation fun, but sometimes I think that I’ve spoiled myself in the sense that real life is about working and to do lists, than playing. Last year all I did was play and now I look back at it and I realize that I really suffered too, I didn’t sleep enough, spent way too much money, and stopped enjoying “me times” of life. I think I’ve figured out what I have, it’s called the Winter Blues. It’s that time when nature teases me with spring, but it’s still freezing, or better yet I dream of my summer only to see snow falling outside. C’mon Mother Nature cut me a break. I want the sun, the water, the heat. I miss the miserable heat. At this point if I didn’t have B who makes me laugh all the time, I might have moved to Florida! Yesterday I found myself looking at pictures of Bora Bora. Oh if only, if only. Don’t be alarmed, I get this way every year. I suffer through March and April so when May finally comes I can rejoice in the fact that I can wear my cute sandals and shorts. Until then I will dream of my vacations to warm tropical islands…

In the meantime I focus on real life. One of BFF’s Sarah is getting married in less that month. That’s so crazy! We lived together total about 3 years. Best roommate ever! I’m excited she’s getting married and I get to be there! More great news… sister-in-law Kenzie is going to have nephew numero two on Friday. I’m beyond excited. I’m totally in love with Liam, and I can’t wait to welcome baby Reece into the world. I’m so excited they live in Parma so I can visit everyone at once. He’s already a big baby, so I’m sure there will be lots of cheeks to pinch and kiss. Hyrum and Emma are due in May so I’m excited for a new niece too. Bring on the babies, being an aunt is probably my most favorite thing ever!

This past weekend was about homework (for B) and I finished my book. Divergent. A MUST READ! It was so good, very Hunger Games like, but of course different. I loved every second of it. Read it! We also watched Rigby play Madison for the state championship. Rigby won (of course) so it was pretty awesome! Sunday was great too, we had the opportunity to listen to Elder Cook, right here in Rexburg. It was a great talk!

So even if life does get a little “bluesy” I just look back and realize how blessed I really am. Silly me. All it took was blog post to realize it. Take a hike Winter Blues, don’t come back!

PS - look at this picture I sneakily took of B? Isn't he just so cute, cuddled up on the love seat. When he woke up he was like, I had a crazy dream I just had to fight a Moose off the front yard and battle a cougar. I think only boys have dreams like that!

No comments: