Friday, March 2, 2012

Memories and Lessons Learned

These pictures were taken exactly a year ago.
 He does this face to me all the time!


One of my most favorite pictures of B!

At this time in my life I was totally in love with B, and all I did all day was analyze and fret over the what if's and the maybe's. I love it.

B always is teasing me because I'm reminiscing all the time. Like "oh did you know a year ago today was our first kiss?" (which it pretty much was), and "A year ago I was crazy in love with you and you probably had no idea"... I find it funny. Probably because I never thought in a million years (ok so I thought about it often) that we would be together, but not only that, be really really happy. I'm grateful I was so diligent about my blogging because I have a lot of pictures and memories to look back on and see what fun we had. Secretly I think B loves that I tease him. It reminds me often how far we've come because in those memories you see how nothing is by chance or coincidence. Everything had to happen for a reason.  Last night I had another "aha" moment. We were driving in the car on the way back from dinner and B just reached over and grabbed my hand and then kissed it. I was transported back to the year before when all I really wanted was him, my best friend, to have the urge to just do that. I tried not to cry because really I had done enough of that yesterday, but really it was a happy cry, because I think finally I saw the entire big picture... I had to let my hair down and little and learn to have fun and have faith and patience, B had to grow up a little and focus on what he wanted. Each memory and each struggle had to lead up to where we are now. We always talk about how we've always been drawn to each other, like magnets. No matter what, we always just end up back talking or laughing. I just love that... Silly me, this post wasn't supposed to be all mushy. Mostly it's just a tickler for me to remember that memories are there for a reason, they are there to teach us what lessons we've learned along the way. More importantly, once you are taught that lesson, don't forget it! Happy Friday have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this kind of brought a tear to my eye. You guys really have come SO far...can't believe that was all a year ago! so much changes in a year.