Monday, March 26, 2012

Families and Hunger Games!

Ok so after being engaged I’m still in lala land a little. On Sunday I had a couple people ask me if I have started planning to which I started to get a tiny bit of anxiety, because well I haven’t. I’ve just been enjoying being engaged. Funny. Anyway this weekend was great a lot of family activities which is always delightful. This weekend Hyrum, Emma, and Mariah all came up to visit. So they were there the night I got engaged which was so fun. So Friday night B had homework and then I needed a pedicure so that was great. We then headed to Rigby to chill with them. We just watched some basketball games and talked. I was pretty exhausted because I didn’t really sleep the night before because well I was just all in a buzz.

Saturday we got up and got ready to go see Hunger Games. Ok so side note I was really excited to see this movie because I knew it was good. I mean the night I called Jenn to tell her I was engaged she thought I was calling about the movie and for 5 minutes just went off about how amazing it was etc… finally I was like uh Jenn I’m engaged and we both started laughing. It was just so funny!! So I knew it was going to be so good. Anyway we were way excited… we got tickets for the matinee at 12:30 and it was sold out! That’s crazy! The movie was SO good, and I cried in it too. Definitely a great adaptation of the books for sure. B was laughing at me because I was getting so annoyed with the people beside me who were chomping SO loudly on their popcorn. This is a movie people!! Then we took Hyrum and Emma to Chick-fil-A since Hyrum has never been there. So good! Then we did some shopping, and I fell in love with these Coach shoes at TJMaxx. I should have just bought them, I’m still coveting them right now. Then we just chilled at Emma’s sisters house. It was so good to just be with family. I know that they are all so happy for us!

Sunday B’s sister was blessing their baby Tayvree. So we were supposed to be in Rigby at 9. I kept calling B the closer it kept getting to 9 but he never answered. So I hurried and drove over there and woke him up. B was so funny, he was just wandering around and I was like uh hello let’s go! He just wanted to take a shower and I was like we don’t have time we can do it later. We ended up barely missing it but Megan understood. We still got to celebrate with them later that night. Megan and Tyson are just so great, I really am so blessed that I’m going to be part of their family. They’ve helped B and me out a lot! It’s great that his family and my family are so supportive and so excited for us; it really helps us feel like we are making the right decision and the best decision for us. We are so blessed.  We even got to Skype the kids, and they are so funny and so cute. I can’t wait until we get to see them again! Hopefully it’s before the wedding!

Overall it was a great weekend. B and I have come to discover that the more we try to do what’s right the harder we are tempted and we encounter things that tear us down and make us want to give up. That’s when you just have to keep on enduring and get through it and the rewards will be so much better!

PS - Here are some pics from the Hunger Games... Ok so B apparently has a hard time keeping his eyes open, something about flashes and dark (notice how the rest of us handled it just fine)... He better fix that before the slew of wedding and engagement photos have to be taken...HA!
 Hyrum and Emma!!
 This is like the 5th picture we took!
 Wow honestly B?!
 Not even when upclose!
BAHAHAHA!

No comments: