Friday, March 23, 2012

This is our Love Story...and I said Yes!

Brycen called me this morning and he was like “Hello my fiancé”… I totally thought, this really is happening to me. I really am going to get married to my best friend and the love of my life. So here it is our story, the story, whatever you want to call it. I have been waiting for this moment my entire life, and pretty much since I met him so I’ll just explain our ENTIRE story (it’s long, you can just skip to the last paragraph if you want the engagement story) then you can know why when he asked me to marry him I knew it was right, because he’s my match!
OK so probably close to three years ago Sarah and I were at a ward talent show when Brycen and Anthony walked in and caused a ruckus in the back and I thought they were both really annoying. Anyway, they became regular members of the ward but I really didn’t pay a lot of attention to them. B was dating someone else and I totally wasn’t into him at all. So flash forward about a year or so and I had to work during New Year’s Eve and I was pretty bummed because I had to leave my family. So anyway I got invited to a party and B happened to show up at like 2:00 in the morning (to which I think I rolled my eyes and though oh typical). Anyway, we ended up talking and I thought that maybe he wasn’t that bad. He had a reputation has being a player and a rebel so I sort of just kept my distance, plus I thought he was dating someone else too…
My roommate at the time actually liked him so I would sort of be her wing man when we would go over to his house. Pretty soon we started become friends, and I realized that I maybe had feelings for him. Which was crazy because honestly he was off limits; but, the more time I spent with him the more feelings I was developing, and the craziest thing was that I knew that he was going to have a HUGE impact on my life. I’ve never felt that before, but it was an instant connection. We just have SO much in common. I didn’t know what to do so finally I just asked him on a group date we all put together. It was a lot of fun, and from then on I was totally into him. I wish I could say that we both fell madly in love and that was the end of it, but it’s only the beginning. Looking back I realize now that the Lord was preparing us to be together, just not in the way I wanted. Funny how that happens I guess. We spent every day together, and had so much fun, we become best friends. Then he had to move away to Texas to sell for the summer and I was really scared, mostly because things were so up in the air. We weren’t together, but we acted like a couple. In my mind I didn’t want to date anybody else, but to him he wasn’t ready to commit.
Last summer was one of the hardest things I’ve ever experienced. When he left I just cried and cried. I didn’t think I would miss him as much as I did. Bryce really struggled in Texas. He couldn’t seem to get into any sort of groove he had a hard time selling, he missed me (even though I’m sure he wouldn’t say that wasn’t the entire reason… ha), he missed the ward and our friends, and he felt people were changing without him. We still texted every day and that would be the highlight of my days mostly. Sometimes I wouldn’t hear from him until late in the afternoon or sometimes in the morning, but whenever I would hear from him my little heart would skip a beat. I kept wishing he would call me more, but I was satisfied with a phone call here and there. Then he got the internet and we Skyped, that totally rocked my world. Towards the end of Texas I realized that I was in love with Brycen Taylor, but I couldn’t tell him that. I’m sure deep down he knew how I felt because well I would do anything for him. It’s weird though, I really didn’t trust him, but I loved him.
The end of June he transferred up to Salt Lake City and I honestly thought that this was going to it, our time. He had confessed to me how much he liked me and how much he loved being my friend, but he still had “hang ups”. When I went down to visit him for the first time since he left I was so nervous to see him. That first time was great though, and that’s the first time he really held my hand. After that I fell more in love and he seemed well to be teetering on the edge. We went to California together in July and I had so much fun with him, and I fell even more in love with him. Finally after a month of up and down all the time I just let him have it. I was either you’re my boyfriend or give me space. So he gave me space (for one day), that’s when he used the analogy of the magnet. He’s like no matter what happens or how I think it should happen I always come back to you, you are this magnet that always draws me back in. August however was rough, really really rough, and September wasn’t any easier. September I gave up, but my bishop encouraged me to just hang on for a little while longer and just let B know I supported him because well he was going through some things. B was a completely different man, and I didn’t know what to do so I prayed and the same answer was just like anything else I had gotten, patience.
October was well our defining moment. After so many months of ups and downs and me pressuring, he finally said that he loved me, and he kissed me (OK so we had obviously before, but I count this time as our real first kiss because it meant something to both of us). Just when I thought we had made it, B maybe was having 2nd thoughts, so I did the only thing I thought I could do, I walked away. I told him to leave me alone, don’t call me, don’t text me, if you see me act like I don’t exist because I can’t do this anymore. I don’t think I have cried as much as I did those days. I just cried and cried because I was mourning him and what I knew we had and could have. My friends and family were amazing during this time and they helped me see that even though I loved Brycen, I deserved to have a commitment. I don’t believe in coincidences and I know that of all the places to be on a Friday night with my family, B just happened to be there too. We didn’t really talk, but it hurt to see him. I’ve never had anxiety problems or anything like that, but when he was in the same room and we were ignoring each other I literally had to have Mariah hold me. I’ve never felt that before, but I guess that’s what happens when your heart breaks. The next day I went to the temple for answers and behold I got one, not the kind of answer I thought, but I knew I had to go and see him. When I walked into his house and saw him I knew that I would marry him, I just knew it would all work out.
The beginning of December B was struggling still with decisions and commitment because I was pushing for our relationship to go to the next level and he was so hesitant because well marriage is scary for anyone, but especially someone who’s been married before. I let him figure it out on his own but by now I was confident that whatever would happen would be the right thing. On December 2nd I made him pinky promise me that either we progress and head towards marriage or we leave each other alone for good. The next week we went ring shopping and in February I got to meet his kids in person (which was so scary but so amazing at the same time), and he asked my dad if he could marry me. The past month it has been painful, haha, I just wanted to be engaged and I was sick of being patient. I’ve been patient for a whole year, but B is one that has to do things on his own time and be ready for it. When we went to the temple last weekend we both felt it, felt what we were doing was right, it’s weird because I don’t think we were looking for that answer but we both got the same witness. Pretty darn awesome!
So now we have how he proposed. Silly B can never keep a secret from me because well I’m just smart, and he gets so excited he can’t contain himself. I had one of the worst days EVER yesterday, I cried most of the day because of stress and work and I was just so overwhelmed. My family was coming into town so we headed down to Rigby to chill at his mom’s house until my family came. Looking back at it now, B was really antsy, and ADD. Anyway, it was getting time to go and I he kept asking me if I wanted some Easter candy, to which I kept saying, No I don’t want any candy I’m full. Then him mom kept asking, finally I looked down in the bag and there was my ring. From then on I just kept saying “what is this? Are you for real?” I was totally surprised, and shocked. I think when I called my family (since they knew it was coming) I was still in a haze. He surprised me further by getting me the wedding band to go with my already ginormous and diamond studded ring. So altogether my ring is over 2 carats. WOW, I can’t stop staring at my hand! Later when it finally settled in I got pretty emotional, but that’s ok, B’s used to it.
So we are getting married August 11, 2012 in the Rexburg, Idaho Temple. We are so excited, and so happy. He’s my match in every way, and even though it both took us a long time to get here we made it and honestly I wouldn’t have it any other way. Brycen has totally transformed into someone who I love, admire, and want to be like. He has an amazing family, and two adorable children. He makes me laugh, appreciate the small things, and humbles me to be a better person and friend. I still can’t believe I’m getting married, it’s all surreal. I’m so blessed and it’s almost overwhelming how many opportunities and blessings I do have. I’m so excited to start my next adventure in life with my best friend and fiancé  (that’s weird typing… haha). So I guess this won’t be Savanna’s Sagas anymore, it maybe can be the Taylor Sagas… yeah I think I like that, no strike that, I LOVE it!
 The first time I saw the ring!
 I am looking at him and saying "Uh what is this?"
 Putting my ring on!
 Asking if I will marry him...
 To which I replied YES!
Here it is! Isn't it beautiful!?

5 comments:

Jenn said...

SO EXCITED!!!!

Meliss said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

Savanna ~ Congratulations!!! I'm so happy and excited for both you and Brycen!! You guys are so cute together. I wish you the BEST OF LUCK and hope everything continues to go well! Also, want to say your blog is an inspiration and so great!! You are amazing!!! Thanks for everything you do!!!! ~Melissa

Jessica said...

Your blog posts make so much more sense now... ;) Fun to read the whole story, I only ever heard bits and pieces! Congrats, love ya!

Emily said...

Oh Savanna I am so happy for you!! Congratulations!!