Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Nephew #2 & The Weekend!

My weekend was eventful. All good events of course, but still fun. Most importantly because I am an aunt AGAIN:
 
Reece was born on St. Patrick’s Day at 4:30 a.m. We all thought he would be a huge fat baby but actually he was only 7 lbs. Kenzie and Austin are doing great, and in fact they get to take Reece home today because his Jaundice is down enough to let him go home. I don’t know how Liam will handle the new addition, but I’m sure there will be adjustments to be made for sure. I’m so excited to go down to Parma soon and see him. They are only little for so long before they start growing like a weed! Next baby to be born is Hyrum’s, then we will have a full entourage! Congrats Austin and Kenzie!

Friday that boy of mine bought me Footloose (the new one), because when that came out in theaters we will just say that B and I weren’t exactly on talking terms. So he bought me the movie to make up for not taking me to it in the first place. He sure does spoil me, but you know I love it! That night we also went to watch a basketball game and saw this going on in the I Center.
 
I don’t know how people develop this talent of “tight rope” walking but it was actually quite entertaining. One guy even did a flip.

Saturday was a busy day, B had a lot of homework he had to do and I just needed to do my normal Saturday things. Anyway, we had the opportunity to go to the temple and do baptisms for the dead. I haven’t done them in SO long. The best part is that B even got to confirm and baptize me. It was such a good experience, and I’m glad that I took the time to go there and to have the opportunity to be there with B. I think when I left the temple I had one of those giddy grins on my face because I was indeed just happy.
Sunday we had Elder Chambers from the Seventy come to our ward and also do a fireside that night. What a great experience too!
The next couple of weeks are going to be jam packed at work and at home. I’m currently still looking for a place to live which stresses me out more than anything but B is always so good and calms me down and reassures me that I will not be homeless and there is no need to freak out. Can I just say that housing is so expensive?! Ei yi yi! My brother is coming this weekend, and of course the Hunger Games comes out. Then B has finals, and we have baby blessings, weddings, and ward parties to plan and attend. Phew! Don’t get me started on work and how crazy it has been either!
I’ve just come to realize especially Saturday night how blessed I am. I used to say lucky, but then my dad corrects me and says that they are blessings. Part of being obedient is being blessed, so there you go. I’m not perfect and I have a long way to go, but I was just overwhelmed with happiness because it’s been a long road and finally I can sort of see where my life is supposed to go. I can see the way the Lord has answered some of my prayers, and I guess I just got that “zing” where I realized that the temple is where I’m supposed to be.

2 comments:

AmareeBlanchard said...

I know what you mean about expensive housing... I only wish we could pay Rexburg prices now. I didn't realize how good we had it! Congrats on the niece!

AmareeBlanchard said...

Sorry, nephew...