Thursday, May 3, 2012

Awkward and Awesome Thursday

Ahh it’s Thursday again. I can’t believe it. Man how time flies when you are having fun (sort of)… I’ve had some great moments this past week, too bad I can’t divulge all of them because well you don’t want to embarrass people. Anyway, here are some awkward (can I add annoying) and awesome moments this past week, enjoy!Awkward (and annoying):
  • I would like to know who made it OK to ask a stranger (pretty much) about certain private matters in your life. Asking me when I am going to conceive a child (unless you are family or good friend) I think is a little personal, furthermore, instructing me that I’m “a little old to be waiting” just takes it to a whole other level. I really don’t know you so why do you even care?
  • Being told that you are ungrateful, lazy, and worthless really doesn’t sit well with me, especially when I didn’t do anything or say anything to bring on the mentioned adjectives. Don’t get me started, don’t even get me started...
  • Potlucks at work are always so funny… there are plenty of awkward moments where you see people practically RUN to the food and hover until you ring the dinner bell. It’s always the same people too, makes me laugh, a lot.
  • Quote of the day – “Your nails are black, should I be worried about you?”… Wow really?
  • I really don’t like one-sided friendships, it just seems like if I didn’t do anything we would probably stop talking. I hate that, and please we are all busy, it’s not hard to say hey
  • While working the front desk today this lady comes in boasting about her amazing cinnamon rolls and how she has 7 daughters and they each enter them in the fair and get first place every time. When I look at them, I know she's lying 1. no frosting, 2. they are still doughy.  Lady I know my cinnamon rolls! The most awkward part is I have no idea why she brought them in, or why she was even here in the first place.
Awesome:
  • My black nail polish. I haven’t worn it in ages and I’m loving it.
  • My new hair cut and color… It’s fantastic:
  • How I can talk to B about nothing for hours and hours… I’m certainly glad he loves to talk to me to.
  • Love notes…
  • B totally killing it his first day actually selling. I’m so proud of him!
  • Emailing Jenn… that girl is funny.
  • Having a fiance who supports me in my decisions and is always on my side.
  • Having a family that’s willing to help me out whenever I need it, like Hyrum spending his vacay to help me move, and Mariah for helping me pack up.
  • Getting unpacked, and realizing it’s only temporary for the summer might not seem awesome, but to me it totally is because at the end of it all, I finally will have a permanent place.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Hahaha! I love it:) The random ciinnamon roll lady made me laugh out loud.