Monday, March 28, 2011

Hare Krishna!

Last year I attended the Holi Festival of Colors and it rocked my world. This year, even better! Probably because I knew what to expect, and it felt more like a rock concert than anything else. I took a half day on Friday (best thing ever), to try and pack and clean up my room and house a little bit. That is one thing that always seems to get pushed to the back! Anyway, Friday B and I left around 3:00 to head down to Utah. We wanted to do some shopping before everyone else was going to meet us later. So we tackled the Gateway Mall, and had a great time, there are so many interesting people who shop there! Also, can you believe that I didn't buy one article of clothing? I know, a miracle. Later that night we met up with the BFF Jenn and her brother Cole, and the rest of the crew consisting of Anthony, Brittany, Hyrum, and Emma. We just went to some island grill restaurant and then decided to go "clubbing". OK so mind you that I'm old, and the boys are a year older than me, so they are REALLY old (jk)! Brittany is 2 months shy of 21, so of course we have to go to a club that accommodates 18 year olds. Area 51. HAHA, looking back on it now, it was comical, but I had a lot of fun. I am so glad I got to see Jenn even for a little bit! I could never see enough of her! We would have stayed a lot longer if they played something other than techno music! We then headed to Provo to stay with my brother Austin. We had a full apartment with all of us staying there (including Mariah and Maddie). It was an adventure that's for sure! B had meetings with Pinnacle all day Saturday so he took off, while the rest of us got ready to go to the Festival. We had plans to go to the 1:00 throwing, but had to wait for the bus, so we waited around for the 3:00. There were so many people there, and we were there for the burning of the witch, I loved it! The Festival of Colors is nothing like I've ever experienced, it should be on everyone's bucket list for sure. After the throwing we went to wait back in the line for the bus. There were so many people coming and going we decided to just walk the 3 miles back...I however wanted to hitchhike (another bucket list item), so I found a pickup that was willing to give us all a ride. GENIUS! What fun! That night we all got de-colored (messy for sure, thanks Kenz and Austin), and then Anthony, Brittany, and I headed back up to SLC to meet Brycen. B suggested we go to Tucano's. I've heard so much about it, and decided that I really wanted to eat it. Heather, Matt, and Cliff met up with us and we ate so much until we couldn't eat anymore. So good. I loved their pork and also their cooked pineapple! Thanks B for the amazing dinner! Afterwards us four headed up to temple square for a quick jaunt around the place, it was so peaceful and quiet because there was no one there! I loved it! We then headed home because we all had meetings the next day (we are also so righteous)! We hit a snow storm in Malad Pass and the snow was so trippy! Good times though. Sunday we were all pretty much exhausted but made it for all of the meetings! Below are some great pictures, I had an amazing time! Who knows if I'll be able to do it again... but if you have the chance spread the love and peace and throw some colors!
 Maddie, Me, Mariah 
 The whole crew who celebrated with the Festival of Colors! We had way too much fun!
 Most of my siblings (and in-law of course)! Love them!
 I love Emma's face!
 The aftermath!
 Heather and I
 My siblings after the throwing, now we all really look alike!
 I loved the green!
 My hot outfit, because you know these clothes are ruined!
 Hitch hiking in the back of the truck!
 At Tucano's!
 Kober sure loved that shrimp!
 B realizing that he had been using his tongs to eat his pineapple instead of his fork. So funny.
Temple Square with some of my most favorite people!

No comments: