Friday, September 9, 2011

Fair Time!

Last night we went to the Eastern Idaho State Fair. Oh it was quite the adventure! First of all Brycen knew every soul there… but that's expected because you know he's from Rigby. It's like when I go to the Canyon County Fair, I know a LOT of people there. Plus I'm used to it because no MATTER where we are my dad knows someone. No kidding, we could be on a remote island in Bora Bora and he would find a farmer he works with or something. Anyway, I was mostly excited for the fair food. I saved my carbs and calories for such an event. I split a prime rib sandwich with B (ok so not split, he ate most of it), funnel cake, and 2 lemonades. Later that night we got Tiger Ears! I searched and searched for the fried twinkies but couldn't find them, UNTIL we were leaving and everything was closed. Dangit! Anyway, we made our way over to the animals, and that always makes me think of Parma and FFA. Brycen gave me a lecture on the process of breeding cows and it was quite intriguing actually. See I learn something new every day. After making our way through all the animals (and I felt like a country girl again). Kyle even stuck his finger up a pigs nose… HA! We made our way to the photography and then more food. I know! Riana and Lauren had to leave early so we decided to go ride some rides. Seriously, I am a thrill seeker, I will ride anything, but I am terrified of the Ferris Wheel. Maybe because it's high and slow moving? The boys thought this was quite entertaining! We also had a good time trying to find the "best looking" Carnie! There are also so awesome looking people just at the fair… loved it!
Mariah is officially back in Rexburg and I'm very excited. Now I'm not going to be alone anymore. She also brought all these tomatoes and such so I can make salsa. Done and done!
I also just finished watching Season 1 of Laguna Beach… oh.my.gosh. I forgot how much I love Trey and loathe Kristin.
I guess this post has become more of a random one… but I'm so excited for the weekend. College football, catching up on my DVR (hello I still haven't seen Jersey Shore this week), and finishing unpacking my room. OH and maybe I will just take a ride on the combine, courtesy of my dear friend Anthony. And sleep. Always sleep.

No comments: