Thursday, December 8, 2011

Awkward and Awesome Thursday

I have had a crazy week. A lot of awesome moments and scary moments, and yes awkward moments… so without further ado…
AWKWARD:
  • Ok so mostly I have a story. B and I were in the Dollar Store trying to find some handouts for Relief Society. Just so happens this "cougar" decided to interrupt our conversation. Asking if she can help us find something, (mind you she doesn't work there) and I am polite to her, but I say that I'm OK. I don't know what it is about B, but anybody will just talk to him, and act like they are best friends. So she proceeds to show us this lipgloss she's picked up… and it's like a nude color. This is how the conversation went:
    Lady –"Look at this lip gloss, looks like a poop color. I don't need poop on my lips, my breath smells bad enough…"
    B – "Oh yeah? (insert awkward laugh)"
    Lady – "Here I'm going to put it on, what does it look like"
    Me – "Yup it's clear alright. Brycen lets go to Wal-mart"
    Lady – " Oh my gosh you have to smell this…" She then proceeded to shove her finger right up to B's nose. So of course he smelled it and then she made me smell it, and then I was like oh ENOUGH. We ran out of there as fast as we could, pretty sure she was still trying to talk to us when we left the store laughing hysterically.
  • The incident in the work parking lot this morning in which we thought it was a homeless man living in his car. Come to find out he's just an older brother providing transportation. Eeks…
  • The way you feel after someone tells you, that you are in fact doing something wrong.
  • The way you feel when you find out someone you love is talking behind your back.
  • Testimony meeting in a Singles Ward… This month we had someone quote Elf, and mention the House of Wax. Yeah awkward.
  • Facial hair that looks well awkward. Eww just get that Chia Pet off of your face.
  • Pretending to be OK
AWESOME:
  • Pinky Promises. People those things are legit.
  • Crying in the bath after a long hard day… I will add crying in the shower too. I don't know why, it's just the best place to do it.
  • Catching up with old friends.
  • Being surprised, I love being surprised.
  • Finding the perfect Christmas present.
  • The way I looked this morning when I woke up. Hair is every direction, blood shot and puffy eyes, and a frog in my throat. It was so awesome (ok so I'm being sarcastic here).
  • Rocking a totally cute outfit like 3 days in row. Booyah.
  • Finally getting my work Christmas cards sent out. What a relief.
  • A good foot rub after working in heels all day.
  • My garage, Pearl loves her new home.
  • Cuddling on the couch.
  • An amazing chat at Dairy Queen...
  • Having an awesome spiritual experience in answer to my prayers.

No comments: