Tuesday, December 13, 2011

First Winter Activity!

It is December which means that life in general is CRAZY. That's ok, I would rather it be that way. Especially because right now at work we are doing my favorite thing all year, Christmas for Families. We adopt several families and give them a Christmas. It's really an awesome expierence. Anyway, that's what I've been doing the past several days. As far as my life goes, it's fantastic. I love this boy named Brycen. We spent the weekend with one of his best friends in Island Park at his family's cabin. I was not prepared for the pipes to be frozen so no running water. It felt like camping that's for sure. Luckily B was kind enough to drive me to lodge when nature came calling.
We arrived Friday night, late, after a rough day at work. It was all good though, because I felt like I was getting away from it all. There were two other couples there and their kids. You have to snowmobile into the cabin so getting on a sled that late at night with my work clothes was freezing! It was fun though! We just chilled that night, and played Rockband, which I haven't played in forever! I even had time to read some of my book. Which is a great accomplishment these days!
I about DIED when I saw this painting of a Wiener Dog... named Zak of course.
It's the Jersey Shore phone... I should have stolen this. I wanted it so bad!
This was the stone over the mantle. As you can see, B is pointing to were we currently were at!
The next morning B and I sort of corralled the children in the main room and babysat them while everyone else got breakfast ready. Then it was time to go! B and I took a sled out and found this awesome part along the river. It was so pretty, the mountains in the winter are so magical. I'm sure we'll visit there again in the summer and it's a great little swimming hole too! The water was so clear, and the snow was so pretty. I don't know why I get so nervous around water in the winter, it's so funny. I'm a good swimmer. It just must be all those Rescue 911 shows I watched and the people died of hypothermia because of the cold water. I then got to drive it and I'm not as good as B but I'm learning, just takes practice!
 The river, isn't it magical?
 B, you sure are good lookin'!
 B and I. We had a lot of fun!
 Checking for fish? Or just look like he knows what he's doing?! HA!
The awesome river!
We rode around and then came back for lunch, and then waited our turn. When we went out again, we went all over the place. It was so much fun. B and I had a great time, and it actually wasn't even that cold. We were on B's brothers sled, and that thing can go super fast. So of course there were a couple times were I was holding on for dear life, still fun though! I can't wait until we can go again, that's one thing that's fun about the winter up here!
Here are some pictures of our adventures!
 B on the sled. I love this picture!
 Getting ready to sled. My jacket is ginormous on me!
 Eating Orange Leaf, who knows what is in that bowl?
Mine is cohesive, with chocolate and more chocolate...

No comments: