Thursday, December 1, 2011

Awkward and Awesome Thursday

It's been a couple weeks since I've compiled my awkward and awesome moments. Don't worry, I have some good ones!
AWKWARD:
  • I don't know if it's just me, but when someone cuts in line (no matter if Black Friday or a line at Subway) I just want to yell "BACK OF THE LINE BUDDY". Didn't you go to elementary? The only kind of cutting I allow is behind me. So when Mom and I were waiting in line to go into Target on Black Friday there was this lady begging people to let her cut so she could go to the bathroom, and I quote "I have to pee so bad and the police won't even let me in, please let me just go and relieve myself"… OK 1. If you've been standing here this long you could have found another bathroom by now, 2. Bed, Bath, and Beyond is right there and there's not a SOUL in there, and they have bathroom. Seriously lady you are LYING!!
  • Arty at the Subway in Burley. He LOVED his job, and he made sure Mariah and I knew it. Don't worry I made up a song for him via the T-Pain App, I try to post it somewhere. He especially was excited when Mariah chose a cookie over chips. He made us laugh… but in an uncomfortable way. HAHA!
  • Old women at JoAnn's during Black Friday. Seriously they are hoarders of all things flannel. They are also vicious. They have to stock up on their baby quilts for the year I guess. They don't have agile skills like me though, I beat them all to get a number to get my material cut!
  • Boys who are awkwardly cuddle or hold hands. OK so a HUGE pet peeve of mine is when a couple is holding hands and the girl is in front. Not natural, and the boy looks totally awkward. There are just some boys though that make you feel uncomfortable when they flirt (shudder).
  • When someone comments on a status that has nothing to do with the previous conversation or actually doesn't make sense. Totally obvious you were Facebook stalking me…
  • My password to pretty much everything is pretty funny, and when I have to give it to someone their face is like uhh ok. Hello I made that password up in high school OK!
  • People who quote themselves on Facebook. Example: "Be who you are and love it" – Savanna J Blaylock. Isn't that totally weird? You are updating your own status, we know who you are, no need to be quotes around what you say, like hopefully it'll end up on Pinterest or something.
  • The things people ask me on Sunday in my home ward. "Have you thought about a mission?", "Saw you were dating someone, when are you getting married?", "So and so was in town this weekend we should have had a get together… (yeah because I loathed her in High School why would I want to hang out with her?)"… people honestly thanks for your concern but a simple "Good to see you, how are you?" will suffice.

AWESOME:
  • Being home for Thanksgiving and catching up with my family. I love them so much. Especially that nephew of mine.
  • Black Friday with my mom. We are hard core, and I love it. She pulled an all-nighter with me, props to her! There is also no greater feeling than scoring that item you wanted through all the madness!
  • Skype and Facetime.
  • Seeing B after a week of NOT seeing him and the way he jumped off the couch when I surprised him…
  • Family pictures. Always an ordeal. First of all what to wear? Then how to pose? Then making sure people have their eyes open etc… love it!
  • The small things. From a super cute text message, to a smile, to a simple compliment, randomly going bowling, and even a small present. Love it. It's the actions that prove how you feel often more than words.
  • My iPad. I am officially in love with it. It has done most of my Christmas shopping too!
  • Hearing people talk about you when they don't think you are listening, in a good way of course.
  • Skyping a dear friend before she leaves on her mission.
  • Chocolate milk. I love that stuff.
  • Getting to see Jenn even if only for 15 minutes!
  • Christmas shopping. I love it. I love trying to figure out what to get someone else.
  • My Christmas station on Pandora. Ugh I'm in love with it.
  • How much I laugh these days…
  • My boots. I think I've become addicted. I just want more and more of them.
  • Holiday treats. I can't wait to start making them!
  • Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. One day I will see that in person!
  • Hooray for it being December and my favorite time of the year.
  • Being able to park in my garage… FINALLY. I love that!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I love thursdays for this reason!!!

Party of Five said...

Is it ok if I facebook stalk you?

Jessica said...

Now you've got me wondering who you loathed in high school?!?! Hopefully it wasn't me...:) I know I did get a bit crazy there for a bit!