Saturday, December 31, 2011

My 2011

I was reading my last post of there year here. It’s awesome to look back at the goals I made and see the many different changes I made… so to keep with my tradition I’m going to fill this out but 2011 style! Honestly I didn’t keep a lot of my goals I’m a tad pathetic, but a lot of GREAT things happened to me so I’m not complaining. Happy New Year, may 2012 be totally fantastic!

1 . What did you do in 2011 that you've never done before?
I went to Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Zion’s National Park, and New Mexico. Rode on the smallest plane I think you can commercially fly on. Fell in love, went to a BSU Football game, had a surprise party, saw Wicked, rode the X2 at Six Flags Magic Mountain, saw the amazing fireworks in Idaho Falls, lived by myself, and I’m sure a ton of new things I can’t really remember!
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
This is sad… but no. Ok maybe one but it was joking, like oh Savanna maybe in 2011 you’ll actually go on a date… and well lucky me! But I didn’t even come close to reading 52 books, saving my money, becoming a teacher, OR going on cruise (even though I did vacation!)
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I had a cousin that did, BUT both of my sister-in-laws are pregnant. That’s very exciting!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Close to me personally? No. To others yes.
5. What countries did you visit?
Do you consider California a different country? If so then yes! Along with most of the western states!
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
Faith, well more like having faith that God knows what he’s doing with my life and I have to trust Him.
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched in your memory and why?
I don’t have specific dates really. My birthday was awesome, December 2 – a pinky promise was made, and June 24th that’s when Emma joined our family officially.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Patience, and trusting myself enough to know what I need and want. Oh and sticking with that B kid!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Letting some friendships suffer, not being 100% committed to everything in my life.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I’m still recovering from 2010 but I am feeling better. Hooray!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
2011 was the year I bought my very first Coach Bag, my iPhone, and tickets to Wicked!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My brother Hyrum, I wish I was more like him. Jenn because she’s a straight shooter but still loves me. B because well he just makes me laugh and loves everyone.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Boys can make you feel funny things I’m sure of it! I had my fair share of roommate and friend drama too!
14. Where did most of your money go?
Travel expenses, Bills, and always clothes… And eating out…
15. What did you get really, really, REALLY excited about?
Hyrum’s Wedding, Seattle, California, New Mexico, and seeing B for the first time after 3 months!
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Super Bass – Nicki Minaj, Africa – Toto (and all of its forms), and anything Justin Bieber!
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier? – Yes
Thinner? – Yes
Richer? - No
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Easy… Sleep. I rarely did that in 2011.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Spending (always), and worrying
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my family of course, we missed Hyrum and Emma!
21. How will you spend New Year's Eve?
With B and his extended family. I’m quite excited for this epic game of Murder in Dark I keep hearing about!
22. Did you fall in love in 2011?
Yes I did. It’s been a crazy, emotional, but extremely fun road. I’m super excited for 2012!
23. What was your favorite TV program?
The Sing-off, Modern Family, Jersey Shore, American Idol, BSU Football, and the X Factor
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate is such an ugly word, I don't hate anybody! There are people that I have drifted apart from, or have chosen to not be a part of my life. I guess that’s just how life is sometimes.
25. What was the best book you read in 2011?
The last book in the Vampire Academy series was awesome, I also read Mocking Jay, and I’ll count Harry Potter 7…
26. What was your biggest musical discovery?
I feel in love with hip hop music all over again thanks to B’s amazing car stereo… and my iPhone and iTunes.
27. What did you want and get?
If you look at last year’s post I put Boyfriend for the below question. Funny right? So I guess that’s my answer for this year!
28. What did you want and NOT get?
To get out of debt
29. What was your favorite film of the year?
The Help was phenomenal and I also loved Harry Potter
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old did you turn?
My fantastic friends threw me a surprise party and I loved every second of it. I turned 27 wow only 3 more years!
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having my own house, and making more money. HA!
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
I allowed myself to dress up more, and not put my lounge clothes as soon as I came home. Having a social life also helps in that aspect.
33. What kept you sane?
God, Prayer, Family, telephone calls, text messages, and Skype
34. What celebrity did you fancy the most?
Fancy? Zac Efron hands down, and I love the Biebs. I discovered Jimmer this year too!
35. What news story stirred you the most?
Casey Anthony. I’ll never know how she got away with it.
36. Who did you miss?
My family, I always miss them and Jenn. I missed B a LOT in the summer when he lived in Texas and Utah.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
I had a LOT of fun with a LOT of amazing people this year, of course B he’s number one I knew who he was before but of course we started our friendship on New Years Eve 2010 and I haven’t had a dull day since!
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011:
Patience really is a virtue, don’t judge a person until you’ve walked a mile in their shoes, and communication is the only way to be happy!
39. Favorite play you saw:
Hands down WICKED! I loved every second of it!
40. What is your goal for 2012?
I am tearing up all my credit cards so I can get out of debt, go on a cruise, read my scriptures every day, get to bed at a decent hour, focus on my long term dreams, be happy, and enjoy life with those I love…. Oh and lose more weight of course!
Now that I look back on 2011 I did so many fun things. I went on a lot of vacations and spent most of my time laughing. Even though I had an emotional year I wouldn't trade any of it. I've learned so much about myself, and who I want to be. I'm so blessed and I'm so excited for this next year and what it will bring!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Love this, love you! Can't wait for 2012 and all the fun stuff that will happen:) happy new year savy!

Karen said...

Love reading ur blog! It always inspires me! Ur awesome in so many ways! Hope u know how much u mean to us!

Austin and Mackenzie said...

You're answer to #5 was exactly the same last year, i thought that was funny. why do i notice things like that? im a dork.