Monday, December 19, 2011

Magical Lights!

This weekend was super fun! I thoroughly enjoyed myself even though I am still exhausted from all the shopping and walking I did this weekend. Friday B and I went to see Sherlock Holmes but it was sold out by the time we got there. BOO! So we went to see New Year's Eve instead. It was actually pretty good. Oh Zac Efron was definitely good looking!
Saturday we got up super early and headed out to SLC for the day. We got there around 10 so I showed B around. Not like I am a pro or anything but he hadn't ever ridden the Trax, so that was super fun. We saw a man walking in his socks carrying his shoes, hello it's cold outside! There were a TON of weddings that day too! Then we were off on a marathon shopping spree at Gateway Mall. It's funny when you are shopping for someone else you always find something for you. I exercised great control by not buying anything for myself (ok except at Old Navy, oh well). We went into a jewelry store where B tried on a $15,000 watch and I got to try on a $60,000 3-karat yellow diamond (yeah I can't even imagine how big Kim K's was, because that thing was HUGE). We had to much fun, mostly people watching. The things people wear these days, I mean honestly! Also, it always blows my mind when people wear 6-inch stilettos to shop. HELLO? B's sister Lakesha met up with us for some lunch at California Pizza Kitchen. We had a lot of fun, and then decided to shop some more. That B he was a trooper the whole day, even carried my bags, impressive I know! We laughed a lot, and that was probably the best part.
 B sitting in his chair, I think it fits him well!
 I definitely look good too!
 In front of the tree! 
Here we are at lunch!
We met up with Dani and Anthony and headed back to Temple Square to see the lights. It was so beautiful. I love seeing them. We had a lot of fun, and I love the spirit that is on Temple Square especially at Christmas time. We took a lot of fun pictures, you know me, I have to document my life. B is such a good sport, and secretly I think he loves taking pictures too, because he'll be like oh let's take a picture here. Love that!
 Lakesha looking super cute riding the Trax. Love the gloves!
 Dani and Anthony!
 I totally love this picture, even if we were semi in the road! 
 B got on one knee an the people walking past were like Oh MY GOSH he's proposing, then Lakesha yells "Don't worry he's my brother".... FUNNY!
 Oh hey!
 My new favorite picture of us, I just think it's so darling, and well look at the scenery! 
 Look I got my picture with the Taylor's I am special. I hadn't been up to see this in a long time! Loved it!
 Ok so we decided to do our Precious Moments picture because we are also making fun of those statues. Well this is the end product, but below you will see I about fell in the fountain. Scary.
HAHA!
After Temple Square we headed back home and made a stop at Lava Hot Springs. That felt so good after a whole day of being on your feet. I want to take my family there, I think they would love it!
I can't believe it's less than a week until Christmas and sadly I'm still not done shopping… WHAT??! I know, and I'm a little upset my family is doing the annual dinner without me… just saying that it's a little unfair. I guess that's what happens when you grow up and have a real job. I guess I'll have to make B take me out to dinner. Ha!

1 comment:

Austin and Mackenzie said...

We are sad you are missing dinner too sooo...we should all go get pedicures together on Monday!