Monday, December 5, 2011

My Yellow Brick Road

Today and this weekend I have been thinking A LOT about the path my life has taken. How the Lord has directed me in certain things and let learn things along the way. There are so many times I would just be like "this isn't funny anymore" or "what else do you want from me", but you know you continue to persevere and hope you're doing what's right.
Do you ever wonder what would have happened if Dorothy had chosen the red bricked path instead of the yellow one? Do you think she still would have ended up at the Wizard? I think that every time I watch that movie, go ahead and watch it, you'll see there are two different colored paths. Naturally she took the yellow brick one, because well she one didn't know where to go in the first place and two because everyone was telling her to follow the yellow brick road. All during her journeys and trials she never strayed from the yellow brick road, except one time, in the poppy field, and look what happened to her then. I guess what I'm thinking about is my own yellow brick road… I know where I'm supposed to go, and I've been told to follow it, but will I end up at the Wizard who will help me get to Kansas? I think that's where my red slippers come in; they always seemed to keep Dorothy on track. So having faith that my "slippers" will keep me on track I most certain, oh and have a scarecrow, tin man, lion, and Toto to help me to, I don't want to end up in the poppy field. So looking back down the path its funny how things just turn out in the end. That I wasn't convinced I was on the right path, but actually I was the whole time!
That's where the faith comes, if you know you are supposed to follow the yellow brick road, well then, FOLLOW IT, and of course don't doubt it. Dorothy never once doubted the Good Witch or the Munchkins. She knew they would lead her to happiness. So have faith, then act upon it. Bring it on Wicked Witch, I am on the right path!
Decisions are going to be made, and doubt will come, fear will try to push me away, but I know that if I follow the yellow brick road, my life will be easier.
I'm off to see the Wizard, and if you want you can follow me, I'll most likely be the one with dog, friends, and those awesome slippers!

No comments: