Thursday, December 22, 2011

Humblebrag

I love the end of the year, all these great "lists" come out. You know the ones where it's like oh the Top Celebrities of 2011, or Best Movie posters, or my personal favorite "Word of the Year". The debate is among Occupy or Humblebrag. Since I think the "Occupy" movement is totally dumb, I vote for Humblebrag. Pretty sure that this Twitter feed and articles about said phenomenon are funny. I think I love it mostly because celebrities think they are soooo cool. Rappers are the WORST! Don't get me wrong, I'm a celebrity junkie, but it's good to see them get made fun of. Yes we know that you have a private jet, and we know that you email Kanye West regularly, no need to pretend that it's "weird" or "unbelievable". That's like me saying "Got called the most beautiful women ever alive by 100 different people today #somepeopleneedglasses"… See I sound ridiculous! Here is what urbandictionary.com says:
Humble Brag
A form self-promotion where the promoter thinks he is, almost subliminally, bragging about himself in the context of a humble statement or complaint. Everyone listening thinks he is an idiot.
Example - I am exhausted from my two week vacation to Hawaii. I need a vacation… or The referee tripped over my feet last night AT THE LAKERS GAME, man I should have worn tennis shoes.
That's probably why I find these articles hilarious. Honestly just brag about it, out with it already, you're beautiful, rich, and yes we all want to covet your amazing life. Facebook is famous for it too, no worries. Now that I'm totally conscious of it, I find them everywhere, I'm sure even I have had my fair share. In fact the other day I saw one and bust up laughing so hard, not to mention her status has like 20 likes, oh laws!
Here are the famous Humblebraggers I've been talking about. Just a warning there is a little language in some of these articles; nevertheless, it's funny. If you are on Twitter you should totally follow @humblebrag too… just for kicks and giggles!
Top Humblebrag of November

Humblebrag Hall of Fame

Totes McGote, the Famous Humblebragger
Today is my last day of work before Christmas! I'm so ready for my vacation! On that I will leave you with my own Humblebrag for the holiday season:
I just don't know what to do with all these gifts I just don't have room in my car to fit them all #need an SUV…

No comments: