Thursday, December 15, 2011

Awkward and Awesome Thursday

I can't believe its Thursday already. Time needs to slow down JUST a little. I mean there's only 10 days left until Christmas and I am only half way done. That's scary. Here is my awkward and awesomeness for the week!


Awkward:
  • Seeing an "ex" in public, with your significant other… oh haha…
  • Not prepping myself for a weekend with no indoor plumbing. I'm so grateful for that modern invention.
  • Oh you know when you feel like you have a 2nd mother. Hello I'm 27 I can make my own choices, no need to boss me around.
  • It has started, ice season, I had an excuse yesterday though, I had heels on!
  • You know that moment when someone has the most awful outfit on that you feel awkward for them? Who EVER said that cape, or bright red snow boots were acceptable?
  • Seeing or listening to other couples fight. It's just awkward. I also find it awkward when a parent disciplines a child in front of you. Not like I won't do the same but still… HA!
  • I have lived in Rexburg for 10 years. And for those 10 years I have shopped at Broulims. Well they've expanded their store and I can't find ANYTHING. It's so awkward seeing the same people over and over again because I can't find the DANG olives!
  • A sacrament meeting talk in which I felt like I was being yelled at… people just stand up there and speak no need for dramatics.
  • Couples at church, OK yes I know I hold my boyfriend's hand, and he'll put his arm around me, but there's no need to be laying your head on their lap or laying all over them as if you've been sitting for 700 hours. This is church, just sit and listen, not lay down in the pew.
Awesome:
  • My cabin and snowmobiling adventure in Island Park.
  • Giving Christmas early to B, and him liking every gift!
  • Delivering gifts to those who wouldn't have a Christmas otherwise. It really puts my stresses to a minimal compared to what they go through.
  • This new Facebook timeline, this is a good change this time. I was just looking back at how I used Facebook back in the day. Nerd alert!
  • Prayers, and the health of my loved ones, thanks to modern medicine.
  • Pictures. I just love them. I love how I can document my life!
  • Knowing someone that can pretty much finish my sentences at this point… I love it.
  • My awesome Bishop and his wife. Seriously they are like my 2nd parents. They are so funny, and cool.
  • Several times this week I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. That's a lovely feeling!
  • My sister Mariah, she's just so funny, and I'm really going to miss her being up here this winter. It will be the first time I won't have a sibling up here since moving!
  • Singing at the top of your lungs… in the car…
  • I love love…

1 comment:

Mariah Blaylock said...

I will miss be up there too. uhh ill come visit!