Thursday, October 27, 2011

Awkward & Awesome Thursday!

I love that my life has awkward and awesome moments. It makes me happy.
AWKWARD - 
  • Giving B's sister a hug and totally getting a boob in the face. Funny, but it was my fault for not standing up I guess. We laughed a good long time about that one.
  • Running like a little school girl to my apartment after two dummies scared me. Literally I screamed so loud I'm surprised it didn't wake anybody up. It was borderline laughing and crying. Yes, moments like that are also awkward.
  • Not acknowledging what you just saw or what someone else saw. Then continuing on in conversation like nothing happened. Secretly inside though I am super flustered. Oh life!
  • You know those moments when you are telling your story and then you realize that NO one is listening to you because there is so much going on? Yeah awkward. So you just stop talking and then someone was like oh I was listening, continue... (LIAR!!!)
  • After talking about debt in Institute the teacher asks "What are some things are OK to go into debt for", and I just say "a car". You would have thought I said a luxurious yacht or something. Everyone in the room then scoffs at me for having a car payment. Really people? Who can just shell out that kind of money? Get real. Dear students and teacher, I saw the cars that were in parking lot, we all have car payments!
  • I know I can be a brat sometimes, and I admire those who are nice to everybody, but giving a ride home to someone who is really weird makes for the most awkward car ride ever. Its like OK, lets just keep talking so the silence isn't even more awkward than this conversation about dragons and what have you. 
  • That moment after you tease someone and then you realize that it probably wasn't a good idea... they either didn't think you were joking, or they don't find it funny. Uh awkward.
AWESOME - 
  • Hot tubbing when it's freezing outside, or when you are freezing. Love it, OK so it also helps that I love the people I am with too.
  • Seeing Mariah experience a Cocoa Bean Cupcake for the first time. Seriously she was so funny, and she was like this is the BEST thing I've ever eaten. Our choices for drinks though were not as good, I should know better than to stray from what I like.
  • Mostly in general I love that my sister lives in the same town as me. I love that I can just call her up and she will come over or vice versa. She's such a good soul, and really I love that our relationship is growing. This fall has had some rough patches and I seriously don't know what I would have done if she hadn't have been there for me.
  • Inside jokes. 
  • Being told you're beautiful.
  • Nothing beats the fact that you see someone or something and can look at another person and they know exactly what you are thinking. Then you can just laugh about it without saying one word. 
  • A really good foot massage after a long day at work, and even better not even asking for one.
  • Family stories, whether yours or others are the best. Nothing beats good memories (or bad ones for that matter) that you can laugh at later.
  • My mom using the word "slutville" in a sentence when talking about a girl and her nasty ways.
  • Making Sunday dinner. Ok so I love cooking in general, but there's just something about a nice meal on Sunday.
  • Tender mercies for me, or for those I care about.
  • These moments with Mariah at Porters:

Happy Thursday! Life is good, we are blessed, so enjoy it!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

amen to the awkward moment you mentioned about talking to someone and then realizing that they aren't listening. It's beyond awkward. It's like, "DUDE--Look at me and listen..dummy" haha. funny.