Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Name That Tune

I had a text message conversation today that went like this:

"Savy I have a question(s), and I know you'll have the answer"

"Oh yes, I know all, please ask away"

"Where have all the cowboys gone? What if God was one of us? Isn't it Ironic?"

"Uh, is this a 1990's song revival question? To which I answer the following....
  1. The cowboys live in Wyoming, or in the small towns of Idaho. Marry a cowboy was the only marriage advice I was ever given. So stick with that.
  2. God is like one of us (sort of), he isn't a slob or a stranger. We are his children
  3. What is Ironic? Rain on a wedding day, or a free ride when you've already paid."
"Ok I'm glad cowboys exist, I really want one for a husband. God is among us, that gives me comfort. I hate irony, it's such a negative thing, don't you think? Wait what do you mean 1990's song revival this are legit questions I have. Those questions are all SONGS? WHAT???"

"Wow... and I thought you would laugh at my witty answers, because well they are all part of the songs... WOW. Who thinks of questions like that, you are officially weird. Love you, but odd."

"I'm all sorts of confused now. Maybe I should look them up huh?"

Now riddle me this, how ironic was this conversation? Like good advice that you just can't take....

That is my silly story for the day. If only my life were as carefree as some profess theirs to be. Don't you ever wonder if today will be the day that something will go your way so I'll hold on for one more day (wow there I go again quoting songs...)?

No comments: