Monday, October 17, 2011

Let's Hear it for the Boys!

I had a great weekend. Not totally what I was planning (understatement), but still good.

Hyrum and Emma and came down and it was so good to see them. I love them. Even though they are both younger than me they are both just so wise and put together. Together they will do great things. ANYWAY, we decided to go to Footloose, only because well I've been wanting to see that movie for like ever, AND Hyrum is the best person to see dancing movies with. HA! I was a little disappointed with the music selection, but the hip-hop part was fantastic. Julianne Hough was dressed as a little skanky for the first half but you know those are her rebel times. While you are watching it though you can't help but dance along, and even sing to the classic songs. For anyone who loved the first one, you'll love this one just as much. Secretly I was hoping for a Kevin Bacon cameo, but alas I was disappointed.

We left and went and danced our hearts out and sang a lot to the Footloose songs. Memories like that, I will never forget.

Saturday consisted of me getting a massage, some temple time, some soul searching, and Gator Jacks. Oh, and Taylor's birthday party which was fantastic. Emma's family is just great. That night I also went to the movie Real Steel. Can I just say that Hugh Jackman is amazing? Everything about him. Delightful. Also the movie had like 3 songs with Eminem in it... love.

Sunday was good, it was chill (and I loved that). Said goodbye to Hyrum and Emma. I even managed to fit in a little Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. Ok so maybe I turned it on and watched like 2 songs, that still counts right? Sunday was good, the silly rain interrupted my walk to the river. Sometime this week, has to be done. Snow is right around the corner.

 My beautiful sister, jamming out!
 Love her.
 Crazy cats.
 Ok so Mariah is doing her booty dance while I pose, and Hyrum who knows what he's doing. Funny, yes.
 At Taylor's party. 
Hunter (Emma's nephew) and Hyrum. I love Hunter's shirt, so festive!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I'm so glad that you had a good weekend! I can't wait to see Footloose this week... gah! Can't WAIT! "BLESS YOUR BEAUTIFUL HIDE!" hahah Love you!