Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

My Thanksgiving was wonderful. It was full of family, laughing, and fun. It's so good that both of my brothers now have houses in Parma so whenever I go home they are there. It will only get better once they all start having more and more children. Mariah was in a hurry to get home for break so we left after work to head home. I don't like leaving that late, but she drove half of the way so I slept. That night we just went to Austin's because we wanted to see Liam (OK and everyone else).
Wednesday was chill. I prepped for Thanksgiving by pre-making my rolls. I also went shopping with my mother. I slept a lot on Wednesday, I knew my body needed it. I party WAY too much and definitely don't sleep enough (that's ok though). Hyrum and Emma came over and we made turkey's courtesy of Pinterest.

Cute Turkey's!
 Skyping with B!
Mom's photo that she thinks is hilarious!

Thursday was turkey day. In the morning we had the 1st Annual Turkey Trot. It was a good time, a genuine 5K. My mother and her friends are crazy about running, and so I have a feeling this will be a bonafide tradition from now on. I better get on it to train for next year. We had cinnamon rolls and hot chocolate after (like I was going to have any room later). Since we missed the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade (which is my all time favorite) I watched what I missed on the DVR and finished up on the rolls. By that time it was time to eat. I am always emotional at Thanksgiving. It's that overwhelming blessed feeling I am sure. Especially when we go around and say what we are thankful for, it's hard narrowing it down to just a few small things. The food was so good per usual. My mom is an amazing cook, and so is the rest of my family. After we slept and vegged out we made our game plan for Black Friday. This year the stores opened at midnight, so it was going to be an all-nighter for us.
 Getting ready to run in the Turkey Trot
 The table!
 My rolls! Yummy carbs!
 Liam and Dad checking the turkey!
 Here's Liam ready to help. Mom had her apron on so he had to have his on too!
 Carving the turkey!
 My sister and me. We sort of color coordinated!
 Mariah getting tipsy before the dinner?
 YUM! Time to eat!
 Black Friday ads and Christmas list making time!
Liam just being cute!
Mom and I left at 11:15 p.m. and headed to Target. It was funny because B called me and he was getting ready to go to bed and I was just getting started. The line to get into Target wrapped around the building, it was nuts. Suprisingly enough mom and I have done this enough time we have a system. I wait in line she finds what she needs, or vice versa. It's pretty amazing. She totally got what she needed and we were in and out in 20 minutes. Next was Old Navy but the line was a 45 minute wait just to get in, uh no thanks. Then we went to Walmart and it was a ghost town and I still got what I wanted there. I guess the craziest place was JoAnn's! I had to fight off the old ladies for what I wanted there. Good thing I went and grabbed a number so we could get our numbers so we could get our material cut fast! Mom and I didn't arrive home until 8:00 in the morning. Talk about a marathon day. But it was a lot of fun. I slept the rest of the afternoon.
 The rest of the break I just chilled. I really needed it. I slept and just had a good time with my family. We played a lot of games and of course Liam entertained us. Oh and we took family pictures for our annual Christmas card. When I get those I'll post those as well. I love my family! I'm so thankful I had the opportunity to go home!

No comments: