Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Around the Interwebs!

Two awesome and amazing things I found today on the web:

First this video from Ellen
I'm so doing this. Maybe I will let B do it (since he's a really good dancer) and I'll record. I wish I could do it at church, oh the fun that we would have! We are going to do it though, and I'll post the video on here, after I submit to Ellen that is. I'll take $100 gift card to Target!!

Next is this:



The story and decline of Detroit, Michigan is one of global economic movement. Google it and see the pictures of the abandon factories and stories of the now unemployed. How a city went from 2 million to just 700,000 in small amount of time. These houses are all around Detroit. I read over 12,000 homes are abandon there. Mostly because there are no jobs, when the economy crashed in 2008 Detroit was already in its downfall because of the car companies. These houses paint a haunted picture of what elegance and beauty used to be Motor City. If only I was a bazillionaire I would buy half of these houses and restore them. They are beautiful. It's actually sort of spooky... There's my history in the making kicking in, sorry history is just part of who I am!

1 comment:

Russ and Michelle said...

Oh my gosh, you should SO do the video in church!! HAHA that would be SOO funny!