Monday, January 23, 2012

A Choice

Yesterday at church I kept having the same thoughts over and over again, how choices affect everything. My choice to stay in my ward, to stay in Rexburg, to stay true to what I feel is right etc… I guess it happened as I sat there contemplating just how happy I was, a choice to be happy. I mean I have trials, my life is far from perfect, and well there is still a LOT I need to work on, but happiness is choice. When I was thinking that B turned and looked at me and said “thank you for everything you do for me” then just went on reading some more, and I just smiled (because well I don’t think I do THAT much for him) because that was another zinger. I guess I just realized that the only way to be really happy is to just be yourself, I’ve always known that, but for a little while I think I was trying to be someone who everyone thought I should be.
Happiness is a funny thing. People search their whole lives for it when actually it all depends on who you are. A choice to be happy that day or a choice to be grumpy. A couple times this weekend I was just in a funk, I wasn’t my usual peppy self but I didn’t know why I was feeling that way either. Nothing had happened to make me feel that way, then I thought, hello you can choose to sit here and be grumpy or you can at least enjoy this moment right now.
My weekend was great. B had a lot of homework especially since we played so much the weekend before, it was catch up time. So that gave me time to paint my nails (something I love doing, and sometimes I don’t get a chance), catch up on my DVR, and then I helped B with his business law. I felt bad that I was being so lame just sitting inside all day but then I realized that I was totally happy just being me. I even got to cook, hooray! I also thought a lot about last year at this time, how I was starting to fall for that boy B and I thought I really didn’t have a chance in crap that he would EVER date me, but look here we are a year later. This weekend will be year since our first date (don’t worry I asked him, haha…) but how crazy it’s been since then. How my choices have shaped my happiness today.
And so let me conclude this most random blog that started out about choices of happiness and ended with me reminiscing… I’m random but I’m happy, and it’s a Monday. Love it!
This picture is from our first date... haha... can't you tell I was so nervous? It was also our first picture together. I was like um hey can I get a picture, like he's a celebrity or something. Nerd Alert!