Thursday, January 26, 2012

Awkward and Awesome Thursday!

It’s here again! Thursday which means it’s Friday Eve but also a conglomeration of my awkward and awesome moments throughout the past couple of weeks:
Awkward:
  • There is a time and place for everything. Thanking a girl for another girl’s phone number is NOT appropriate in a room full of people waiting to hear an FHE lesson from you. It was awkward for all…
  • I know it’s bad talking about people behind their backs. I will call it venting, but even more awkward when that person hears you venting about them. My response? Well go ahead and sit down I’ll tell you to your face, but then they just walk away.
  • This repeat offender on my awkward list made it again. The vending machine at work sometimes doesn’t give you your “purchase” so hearing this co-worker beg for a dollar so he can get two for one is even more awkward. When they actually start doing a celebratory dance because they got a free bag of Bugles that’s when I just walk away …fast.
  • Leggings are not pants… it’s just awkward. As least make sure your sweater or shirt is long enough to cover the appropriate areas.
  • Grown-up high water pants… cringe.
  • Spam mail in my email. Honestly I cannot even repeat what this one email was advertising in the subject. Made me blush…
  • Thinking that B had died or something yesterday because he wouldn’t answer my phone calls or text messages, or anybody’s call. Only to find out he was studying in part of the building that didn’t have service. I was ready to call the police, scared me to death! I guess I better stop watching so much One Tree Hill.
  • When Skyping B’s kids his daughter asked me when we were getting married, I played it off well because you know she’s 5, but I don’t know if she bought it or not, she’s pretty stinkin’ smart. It’s now a common occurrence every time I talk to her. The first time was a little awkward, now it’s just funny.
  • Having a cold or in my case also the flu. A lot of awkward things happen when you’re sick you know bodily fluids etc… hahaha!
  • Watching a girl flat out fall on her face when she was crossing the crosswalk in front of me. I didn’t know what to do, should I ask if she’s ok? Pretend I was on my phone? Or laugh? You can guess which one I did.
Awesome:
  • Spending time with my family and B in Parma. It was so awesome!
  • My iPad, I’m in love with it (still), and so is B (it’s called Slotmania)…
  • I love how much my brothers and sisters make me laugh.
  • My Valentine’s gift I am making, it’s going to be amazing!
  • Catching up with Riana
  • New shampoo and conditioner… If you haven’t ever tried Enjoy you are missing out, I can’t stop touching my hair J
  • How B still gives me butterflies even after a year of knowing him…
  • Kristin my work BFF, she seriously is awesome, she knows pretty much everything about me and work sucks when she isn’t there.
  • A new book, it’s been WAY too long since I’ve read a book I cannot put down. It’s called Divergent, if you loved the Hunger Games you’ll LOVE this one.
  • How much B makes me laugh every day. Even when I’m annoyed because he’s making fun of me it’s still really funny.
  • My parents and everything they do for me!
  • Breakfast for dinner
  • That it is currently snowing and I actually have really missed it, so odd, but I just want to play in it!
  • New nail polish colors!
Oh my awesomely awkward life!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Seriously, I look forward to Thursdays for this post! It's fab. Love the new blog layout :)