Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Little Moments


Don’t you just love those little moments when you catch someone doing something for you but they don’t know you’re watching? Those little moments are the best. Those are when you see a person’s true character. Some people serve because the know people are watching, other’s serve because they want to, because they love you. People serve in different ways, it may be buying dinner or writing a kind note. It might be that they know you like something a certain way so they make sure it gets done that way. I find the more you love that person the more you want to serve them, in whatever capacity it might be. It’s also easy to not serve the ones you love because well, you just always expect them to be around, and to love you unconditionally no matter what. Thank you to those who serve me, even if in little ways. My heart is so full, last night especially, and really it was the little things that mattered the most… making sure I’m comfortable, plugging my phone in, and kisses on the forehead.
It might have been this awful nightmare I had last night that made me wide awake at four in the morning, to come to the thoughts I’ve mentioned. When I left B’s house I was so happy, and so I contemplated calling B because I just wanted to make sure he was OK. I calmed myself down and flipped on my TV. It was horrible, I couldn’t make that feeling of hopelessness go away; everything that I love was taken away from me. I think I get caught up in the materialistic things of the world that I forget those I love are what make me happy. So I prayed. I just wanted comfort that it wasn’t real, everyone was OK, and that in a couple of hours we would all awake and continue on with our routines. So I just tried to go back to sleep, think happy thoughts, funny moments, sing some random songs, and tell myself it wasn’t real. Thank goodness morning came, and so I had something to occupy my mind.
I think dreams are interesting. This dream scared the CRAP out of me, but also it made me think on my way to work how blessed I am to have the people I do in my life. How they serve me, and how they love me too. I am truly one lucky and blessed girl!

No comments: