Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Parma and the Flu!

I had a wild and crazy weekend. Friday was a busy day at work so we didn’t end up heading home until 5:00. Which was OK considering the roads were clear and B has a DVD player in his car that makes the time go by really fast! We got into Parma and everyone came over to say hey, that Liam is so cute! Saturday we all got up and got ready for lunch at the Great Wall China Buffet. B does and excellent Chinese impression, and with him and Austin combined they had us rolling. The buffet was really good and we all felt thoroughly satisfied after eating there. There were some random things at the buffet like whole banana’s in this red jelly stuff, bleck no thank you, but their sushi was awesome and so was the Crab Rangoon (my favorite). Here are some pictures from our excursion to the Great Wall:

 Look at all the food. They look stuffed...
 Dear Maddie nice face...
 Emma just loves her fortune! Too bad you can't see her little baby bump!
 Ry looking sophisticated per usual. And also enjoying her fortune cookie...
 Oh look Maddie finished all of her food.
 We were laughing at the waiter who was running across the restaurant. Haha!
Austin making fun of someone and their man bag. Those two!
Maddie had a game in Homedale that night so we headed back that way. Maddie played a great game, she’s an awesome ball player! B got into the game and I quite enjoyed that. Reminds me of my dad and brothers! Those Blaylock’s up there, always causing some kind of ruckus! After the game we went over to Austin and Kenzie’s and just chilled with them for a little bit, played with Liam, and showed B their cute house!
Sunday we headed back over to Boise to have dinner and game with my cousins and Aunt and Uncle. It’s always a good time when we play games, and this was no exception. It was a great time even if Dad and Hyrum were sick. We played Buzzerwizzer which is one of my family’s favorite and the ever popular catch phrase. We laughed a lot and were exhausted by the time to go home. That night I started feeling kind of sick by the next morning I was sleeping on the bathroom floor. The flu had consumed me. It had been going around the family and I caught it, along with Mariah. Mom was sick a couple of days before so of course we had to depend on B to nurse us back to health. He went and got us soda and a movie. Bless his heart. That night I felt OK enough to take B to Boys’ Better Burger and go the home basketball game, and it was good to see a lot of people from Parma! That night we went and played Xbox at Austin’s, but I started feeling really awful again. There was no way I could even think about work the next day anyway. So Tuesday we just spent time with mom and Mariah. We also made a trip to Parma Company so B could see it.
Overall it was a really fun weekend, and I loved being home and seeing everyone. B and I even got to stop at Red Lobster on the way home from Parma for some crab legs and shrimp. I loved going home and spending some quality time with B! The next time I go home I will have a new nephew and that’s really exciting! 

1 comment:

Keesha n David Brown said...

It was tons of fun to have you all here! So sorry you are sick. Hope it passes quickly. I keep waiting to find out who will be the first in our home to come down with it. The joys of flu season. *sigh* But if we do get it, oh well, it was still worth it to me to have you all over!