Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year's Festivities


I had a great New Years! It’s crazy to think that a year ago I “unofficially” met B. I thought a LOT about that on Saturday night when I was partying with him and his awesome family. I guess it’s more like isn’t it crazy how life turns out? I don’t believe in coincidences, more like things happen for a reason, so that’s why on Sunday when I was reflecting on my goals for the new year and what has happened in 2011 I was just really overwhelmed with how blessed I really am. Granted I had my fair share of trials or whatever but I am so happy at the same time. I try every year to make new resolutions, and looking back I really didn’t keep any of them. That’s ok though because I made goals throughout the year and some I actually did accomplish, hooray! Anyway, B made a really good goal and I’m going to steal his which was recognizing the good progress that I make and be positive about it. 2012 is the year of some big changes and one of them being a positive! Anyway, just some more thoughts I had about the new year and what have you. Can you believe I didn’t take one picture this weekend? What the? Luckily B’s cousin did with his phone.
 Here we all are! Happy New Year!
We started the weekend out at B’s mom’s house for some dinner and games. I had worked all day so I was pretty tired. We left a little early and decided to hit up some Fat Catz. Which included some miniature golf in which we played normal the first round and the 2nd round was like PIG style. You know the basketball game. It was pretty funny, and we both were pretty creative. B always is making me laugh, probably why I love him so much. Next we decided to just hit up some Sherlock Holmes. It was really good, I liked it!
Saturday was good. B had to help his cousin Dallin move so I went and got a haircut that was much needed. Even if just a trim it just always makes you feel so much better about life! I also got a mani/pedi… hello amazing! We spent the evening playing games at the Blanchard’s. They are pretty much B’s 2nd mom and dad and siblings. He grew up next to them and they are all so silly when they get together. It actually reminds me a lot of my family which makes me laugh. We played some games and it was good for me because it was a get to know you game in a sense. I love how happy B is when he’s around them. He truly is just himself, and doesn’t worry about anything when he’s with them. I love how competitive everyone was while playing that’s totally my style! I was mostly excited for the infamous Murder in the Dark game that B continually tells me about. It’s hardcore. It has to be PITCH black and there is a lot of muffled laughing, hitting of walls, groping and such nonsense. I was even the murderer once and I was discovered pretty quickly because I’m an “amateur”… We stopped a minute before the New Year…
Sunday and Monday were pretty chill. Which is exactly what I needed, after a December of crazy nonstop running I just think I couldn’t take it anymore, B didn’t mind we just watched movies and football. Ordered Pizza even, which is awesome! It’s crazy that it was pretty much an amazing weekend and I didn’t do a whole lot of exciting things. Totally acceptable!
On a random note, we don’t have ANY snow. So incredibly odd for this artic tundra of Eastern Idaho. I sort of miss it in the sense that I want to go snowmobiling some more and sledding! I also want to take a sleigh ride while it is snowing, I know totally a girl thing, but my last sleigh ride was more than memorable.
It’s back to the grind today, no break until February… oh and so it begins! Happy New Year!!

No comments: