Thursday, January 12, 2012

Awkward and Awesome Thursday!

I am so excited that it’s Thursday! We are going to Parma this weekend I’m really excited to go, so of course this week has dragged; nevertheless, I still have some pretty awkward and awesome moments. I tried to even get one on my camera but it’s really hard to see.
Awkward:
  • Yesterday while getting our daily lunch soda run Kristin and I experience the following awkward things at the Shaka’s Gas Station (and Salt Lake Express drop off):  an entire store of Amish people. OK so maybe they weren't Amish but they were legit, homemade clothes, the beards, the hats, the bonnets, EVERYTHING. I've captured a picture below of the gentlemen smoking their pipes. Yes I said pipe. Legit. This would have been an awesome story but he awkward thing was there were Missionaries sitting right in the middle of them with these dazed looks on their faces. Then we when we were leaving we were getting into my car and kid you not there was the strongest smell of weed. Pretty sure we could have gotten high just right there. Then we see this kid get into the car in which the smell really explodes, baby seat in the back don’t worry! He just looked at us and we hurried and got in the car.
  • Co-workers who talk about how they have no money left and they are just living on savings. What do you say to them? Um I am sorry? I don’t know just super awkward, don’t talk about money with other people who you barely know.
  • Being told that I’m too dressed up for work, and I’m wearing a casual black skirt, tights, a sweater, and my Toms. How is that too dressy? I didn't even have heels on. I just replied, oh you know, I just like to look nice when I’m out in public. Get real…
  • The things people put on Facebook. It kills me. We don’t need every detail of your divorce, all the things you are buying with your borrowed money just to look cool, how you are so bored so someone please talk to me, or how you are just so much in love you have to remind us every update. I love Facebook and I update my status, but not every second and not about the intimate details of my life so I can sympathy or make others jealous. That’s what Twitter is for and what famous people do! Oh also awkward when people hack into others statuses, really, it’s not that funny, just log-out! I want to write a book of just status updates that are awkward and ridiculous, wouldn't that be cool?!
  • People who talk in a baby voice when talking about their children or something funny they did. I feel like after the story is over we have to play Patty Cake or something.
Awesome:
  • Tomorrow I get to see my ENTIRE family, that’s delightful, and even better that B is coming too. I’m excited to see Maddie play basketball I haven’t seen her play since she was in Middle School. Oh PMS!
  • The little acts of service that I receive and the kisses that are a sign of affection and love.
  • My bed, it rocks my world, and I wish I spent more time in it! 
  • Spending time with the Bishop and his wife on Sunday night! They are so funny and honestly they know B and I way too well!
  • Knowing your opinion is valued and it matters
  • Emails with Jenn at work (and messenger), we have some pretty funny / random discussions!
  • Foot rubs
  • The clearance racks, honestly this is the BEST time of the year to find clothes! Everything is so cheap, and it has to go to make room for the spring stuff coming in.
  • Price adjustments, ok seriously take in ALL of your Christmas receipts and they will refund you the money you spent on those full priced items. For example, I spent $200 at Old Navy the day before Christmas. I took my receipt in because everything I bought there is now on sale, bam $120 back in my pocket. It’s like Christmas ALL over again. Booyah!
  • Singing in the car!
  • Watching The Help again, and still crying through most of it. It’s such a good show, and the book is even better.
  • Seeing someone transform themselves into something better, it has been rough road, and it probably won’t get easier, but it’s awesome to see the changes that they've made!
  • Studying the Book of Mormon in Sunday School and in Institute!
  • Finding someone who makes me laugh really hard almost every day of my life, and who laughs at me too!
Wow, I didn't realize what an eventful week I've had. Pretty much awesome!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I LOVE this! I love our random convos via IM and email. Makes my day. Ok and really...ditto to the coworkers talking about money. It's like, we are friends at work but I don't want to hear about how you're broke but you still just purchased that brand new coach bag.. uhh.. nice! Oh FB statuses.... classic.