Thursday, November 3, 2011

Awkward and Awesome Thursday

I cannot believe it's Thursday already. I had a great week, full of more awesomeness than awkwardness. That's good right?
AWKWARD:
  • Inappropriate Halloween costumes at a church activity.  Really? There is no need for a sexy sailor, no one here wants to see that, put those thigh high stockings away.
  • Church dances. Ok so I love to dance so I'm cool with going, but why does everyone stand in a circle and look at each and dance? Best part though is when the "break dancing" starts. Wow, don't go in the middle unless you are sure of the moves you want to do. 
  • Halloween parties when you are only one who dressed up or didn't dress up I guess.
  • Guessing someone Halloween costume and being totally off. Sorry I thought you were Aunt Jemima not Rosy the Riveter!
  • Crying to the point of the mascara running down your face... yes I know it's Halloween time but this is not a costume.
  • The in-between stages of growing out my bangs. I hate pinning them back all the time. Bleck.
  • When people call you and start rambling on and on, and you can't stop them without sounding rude, but you know nothing about what they're talking about, and when they finally stop, expecting you to have a wonderfully clever answer, you have nothing more to say than, let me transfer you to [insert name here].
  • There are some nights where I check facebook right before I go to sleep and then again when I wake up. You know you didn’t get enough sleep when it is the exact same updates. Even more awkward is that I do that before I go to sleep or get out of bed. Wow.
  • How messy my bedroom is right now. More like embarrassing.
  • When you know someone is lying to you or hiding things from you. Not only do they continue to lie, but they are satisfied with themselves that they think they got away with it. Don't worry I know the truth, and one day it will come out.
AWESOME:

  • Having a boyfriend... ok so he's always been there, just making it official (even on Facebook oohhh ahhhh). He makes me happy (and he's cute).
  • Being yourself with someone, no secrets, no half truths, just yourself, and knowing they support you no matter what you tell them. That's scary but awesome.
  • Realizing how much I love books, and how much I've missed reading them. 
  • Being called by a nickname or pet name. Love that.
  • Painting my nails an assortment of different colors. You can usually tell my mood by the color of my nails. 
  • Halloween this year was so awesome. I had a lot of fun, and really my costume technically wasn't even a costume. I also loved making not-so-Halloween sugar cookies.
  • Having a hopeful and bright future to live for.
  • Late night runs to fast food places, I know so unhealthy, but it makes me happy. 
  • Those people who are on your side no matter what. Loyalty is totally awesome.
  • Just putting it out there that sometimes being a rebel and breaking the rules is totally awesome...
  • Singing Christmas songs, or just singing with people who can sing good in general.
  • Today I find out whether I am going to have another niece or nephew. I love my family. They are amazing, and I love to see how we are growing. It's totally awesome that my some of my best friends are my siblings...
  • Diet Dr. Pepper!
  • Losing 5 pounds this week... spectacular!
  • MSN Messenger is totally awesome, I mean so what if I lived on it in 2000? I still enjoy chatting now.
  • Prayers, faith, and hope... boooyah! Ok so the Gospel in general!
  • And finally this (because I love "Chuck Bass")


Happy Weekend Eve... I'm so ready for a fun weekend!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Chuck Bass...mmmm!!!