Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Give Thanks!

I don't know how much time I will have to blog while I am at home. I just seem to block out all technology when I am home (well besides TV), just because I don't want to have to worry about anything while I am there. So today I figured I would do my Thanksgiving post, because well I have much to be thankful for. Every year during this time I look back at how much I've learned and grown over the past year. It always amazes me to see how much that really has happened. How truly blessed I am for all of the things that I have. Here's my list:
  • The gospel. It is my source of happiness and joy. This year I've had to rely so much upon it and I'm grateful how my testimony has grown this year. Prayer has been essential to my sanity as well. It seemed that the only way I could process my thoughts was through prayer. I'm sure God appreciated it! Included are my Savior and Heavenly Father who I have been personally trying to build a relationships with.
  • My family. To say I've depended on them this year is a huge understatement. My mother has been there to listen, my brothers to give advice, and my sisters to cheer me up and make me happy, my dad for his wisdom and priesthood, and my sister-in-laws for bring protective and understanding. I often wonder why God blessed me with such an amazing support group of people. I am sure grateful for their understanding and love. As I've said before I love that my home is a place of refuge and strength for me, and my family will always be my moral compass and guide… "we're all in this together". I can't help but get emotional when I talk about my family because they are the most important thing to me. There are no other people on the planet that I would rather be with than them. Oh and Liam, whom I most grateful for because he's just pure joy and love.
  • Brycen Taylor. If I said that I was blessed to have him in my life he might get a little embarrassed or maybe it would boost that already huge ego of his, either way too bad. He has changed my world more than anyone this year. I've had quite the year with him. Last night we were talking about how I never thought we would have ended up where we are now. He is my best friend, and he makes me laugh so much. It seems life isn't as fun if he isn't there. It hasn't always been easy, in fact it's been really hard, but the more time we work on it the better it seems to become. I'm grateful that he has taught me how to patient, understanding, forgiving, and how to love everyone no matter what they have done to you. I'm grateful for his infectious laugh, tender heart, amazing hugs, and most of all his testimony of the Atonement. I could go on and on…
  • My Job. It allows me to live a lifestyle that I love and have fun. I'm most grateful for it, especially when so many do not have the same luxuries or even job that I do.
  • BFF's. I have a couple. Granted I go to them for different reasons.
    • Jenn. She is my therapist. It's funny how our relationship has transformed into that. She has always been a dear friend, and we always would have a blast together, but I'm grateful that it's grown into someone who I know I will forever talk to. I'm so grateful for the pep talks she's given me via email and IM. There are many times I've had "a-ha" moments while IMing her. I'm grateful that even though we've both got our own lives now that she still takes time to build a relationship with me. I'm grateful she's honest, direct, and funny. I can talk to her about anything and everything.
    • Sarah. She is the wise older sister. Well that's how I feel anyway. I'm grateful that she's always willing to drop everything and come to my rescue. She was my lifesaver during a very difficult time this fall. She's a Godsend for sure.
    • Anthony. I couldn't have survived the summer without him. I'm grateful for everything that he does for me. He's so nice and good to me, and he makes me laugh.
  • Friends. Ok so just friends in general, I have some pretty great ones, and I love them all. Some have moved away, so that's why I am grateful for modern technology which has allowed me to stay in contact.
  • Temples. The fact that I have an eternal perspective is HUGE. I'm grateful for that!
  • My health. I still may feel icky but I'm grateful that it's manageable. That I'm working on a better me, I'm grateful for modern medicine and doctors.
  • My education.
  • Music. It has brought me much happiness and comfort this year. I'm grateful for the talents I possess.
  • This country, and Idaho J
  • The opportunities and blessings I receive on a DAILY basis
This list can go on forever. In fact I deleted a couple bullets because I can go on FOREVER. I just have a full heart. I feel so blessed that it's overwhelming sometimes. God Bless!
Source: google.com via Kristin on Pinterest

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Girl, you can't be making me tear up at work! haha. I'm so grateful for you and our friendship. I can't wait to see you this week!! LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!