Friday, November 18, 2011

Snow “Angels”

Last night was what I would call an adventure. I was just getting ready to go to Zumba and talking to Anthony when he got a phone call. A girl from our ward had slid off the road. In Victor. A place about 45 minutes away with no snow, but it ALWAYS snows there, it's the mountains after all. So we piled into Kyle's truck and headed out. The weather gradually got worse and worse until it was like a white out. Here's my observation, if you can drive in the snow and not appear to be scared or no scared at all then you are brave and courageous. Anthony was driving like it was a hot summer day. I made the comment that I'm pretty sure God gave Men that extra ability and confidence to drive in the snow and not be worried. It was all I could do just sit there and not freak out. It helped the boys were perfectly calm…

We finally arrived in Victor and found Nicole and then found her car. There was a LOT of snow. It was super wet too. So Anthony started maneuvering his way to get to the vehicle and almost got stuck himself (that part was super scary, I was just praying we wouldn't get stuck). Must be the country boy in him, he didn't even act like he was worried. So finally the boys figured out a way to pull out her car, so Anthony jumped in her car, and we helped (barely) B push the vehicle out. Pretty sure B pushed that car out by himself I was there to just maybe look like I was doing something. Impressive!

By then I was like better make myself useful and take some pictures. My phone only really captured one because it was a blizzard outside and I was couldn't keep my hands from shaking.
You can see how deep the snow was, and how much it really was snowing!

Anthony drove the white car home and B drove the truck home. The drive home was just as scary, the roads were icy and slushy and we fish tailed most of the way. Once again though we would be sliding and B would just be calm like it was nothing. I would have pure terror on my face, or be tense or something. I tell you, something they are born with. So I just cranked up the Christmas tunes and enjoyed the snow and the music and thought that even though it's midnight and I'm tired and I'm scared, I was glad we were able to have the means to help out Nicole. I thought of my future daughters and even sisters, and how if this had happened to them how scared they would be. Most importantly we didn't even question whether we would help we just pulled our resources together and got out there as soon as we could.

So snow I know we have a love/hate relationship, and you might have won a round or two last night, BUT we won the fight. Plus afterwards I got a Maverick hot chocolate, a warm fire, a blanket, cuddling, and Home Alone. That made it all worth it anyway.

Here's to a great weekend, stay warm and safe!

1 comment:

Austin and Mackenzie said...

I so totally agree about guys staying calm driving in bad weather!! They are made that way so that the girls in the car don't FREAK out. :)