Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happily Ever After

There's this song Happily Ever After by He is We:
I love it. I love everything that she sings about. I often have those lyrics running through my head... "can't we just skip to the ending... will I end up happy?". That's not how it's supposed to work though, I said that once to B and he said "no, what's the fun in that? You miss the journey, and the journey is the best part". I've just been thinking about that lately, the journey sometimes is so hard, and scary. Other times, it's so fun and amazing. Those fun times should definitely outweigh the bad, but usually if its something good it isn't easy. It takes work, commitment  and lots of faith. I love the saying, "Find joy in the journey..." No matter if it's scary or hard, you find the little things that make you happy and you hold onto them and remember them. Sometimes you need a hand to hold, or a shoulder to cry on as you make your journey and sometimes it just is trenching through it to get that end result. It's like reading the last few pages of book, and once you've read them you are so upset because well now you know and it's not as exciting. As hard as life gets and at times it seems like there might not be hope in an outcome, it will come, we've just got to go through the hard stuff to enjoy the good stuff. What's that saying that I hear all the time, oh yeah "Endure to the End..." Everything will be alright in the end, and if it isn't, well then it's not the end.

We all have a story to tell, whether we whisper or yell. Finding the path and staying on it is the hard part, stop trying to predict my ending and my future. Let the story unfold on its own...




No comments: