Friday, November 11, 2011

"Better than..."


(Thanks to my Jenn for doing a guest spot. Sure do love her!)

Oh heyyyy guys, it’s Jenn! You might not know me personally but if you are a religious reader of this blog, then you’ve at least heard my name mentioned a few times and seen a couple pictures of me, Sav and Hyrum from some of our great adventures.  I’m pretty sure I’m the only Jenn that Sav talks about so yeah, that’s me…Jenn…One of the BFF’s.  Pleased to “meet” you, homies!

For those of you who’ve never read my blog before [which you can visit here] all you need to know is that it’s big mixture of everything: random crap I don’t understand, stuff I think is cool, life lesson’s I’ve picked up, updates on my life, celeb gossip, things that are annoying, people who suck or are shady, guidelines on life [aka: just don’t be stupid], the woe’s of dating/relationships, virtual slaps in the face to people who I know are readers…you know, only the good stuff.  So when Savanna asked me to guest blog for her just for funzies and told me I could talk about whatever I wanted too, I figured I’d stick to something I would normal post about—something completely random.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
You’ve heard of ‘Better than Sex Cake,’ right? You know…the semi-delicious cake that implies it’s better than anything, is actually sometimes referred to as “Better Than Anything Cake,” and somewhere in the mix picked up the nickname “BTS Cake” from someone who probably raised their kids to think that “Sex” was a swear word? Yeah. That cake.   



Well, the other day I was trying to think of words to describe how much I loved a certain something and the term “Better than Facebook Stalking” popped into my head after thinking about the name of that ridiculous cake.  While I am sure BTS would be a good term to explain how good something really is, it doesn’t really work for those of us who still have our “V card” (wink, wink).  We need another really good comparison to use too, dang it! My thought of “Better than Facebook Stalking,” of course, quickly turned into an acronym, because that’s how I roll, and voila…the birth of the saying “it’s BTFS” came to pass.

The term BTFS is pretty self-explanatory but let me break it down for you.  If BTFS had a definition on Urbandictionary.com it would be something like this:

BTFS—When something (in the moment) is so extremely legit that you love it more than Facebook Stalking.

Example 1: “Did you see Jamal’s new rims on his Escalade?  BTFS, for real, dog.”

Example2: “Cher’s mom gave us her credit card and told us we could go on a shopping spree at the mall….Like, totally BTFS, right?!”

If you’ve never played around on Urbandictionary.com then you probably didn’t understand my humor on the examples, but you get what I’m saying, right?  It’s simply saying that something is really cool by comparing it to something that is pretty freakin’ awesome.

Some of you are probably thinking, “Facebook stalking isn’t THAT good.” But COME ON, people. Get real. Don’t even tell me that you don’t love Facebook stalking maybe even as much as I love it.  I know you do.

2 Reasons why I know you enjoy it:

1    You’re reading this blog right now which you most likely clicked from a post on Facebook.
2     Sav’s blog is a journal-type blog where she lets you in on some good dirt about her life which makes me believe that if you’re an avid reader of the blog then you DEFINITLELY are a good facebook stalker whether you think you are or not.

*Which brings me to the point that Blog Stalking is totally BTFS sometimes.  I mean people can get so deep and super weird and awkward….it’s awesome! *

Today’s BTFS moment of the morning is a tribute to Sav’s “Awkward and Awesome Thursdays.”  It’s something I would like to call:

MAKE THEM FEEL AWKWARD. 
I was going to the restroom at work this morning and a lady came in right after I had gotten into one of the stalls to do my bidness.  Instead of being a normal person and simply looking under to see which stall was vacant by noticing the feet, this woman peeked in through the cracks of every stall to see which one she could go into.  Of course that moment wasn’t BTFS. I mean, I’d much rather be facebook stalking then have some creepy woman peeping in on me while I’m peeing and making eye contact with me. Ew. But the BTFS moment was making her feel dumb. I really love doing that sometimes!  I responded, “UH, HELLO! This stall’s taken!” Did I totally go the Forest Gump route without thinking about it? Yeah, I did. I might have even used an accent. I don’t know. I was laughing too hard inside to notice, but it was BTFS for sure. Hahahaha. You should have seen her face! You just can’t make that stuff up.

So here’s a little “Jenn Challenge” for the week:  Try looking for at least one BTFS moment in your life every day for one week.  The kicker is that means you might have to step away from FB for a while to do it…

But do everyone else a favor and update your status from your cell while you’re at it :) haha.

Have a great weekend!
OK, BYEEEEEE.

No comments: